Everything that moves me

donderdag 3 oktober 2013

Bronze Art


We have been often in Dusseldorf and now for the first time in maybe 30 years, we came across this bronze monument.
I had to look it up where it is for. The only message I found on this Bronze Art work, was the year 1288. So when I came home the first thing I did was Google, what to do without Google? And yes I found the answer. It is a monument about the war between the two cities Cologne and Dusseldorf is its called the fight around Worringen (this was a part of Cologne}
Made by the Artist Bert Gerresheim born in 1935 in Dusseldorf He Studied 1956-1968 at the Art Academy in Dusseldorf
Gerresheim prevailed in studio, shortly after he received the order of the production of the survey monument. In 1986 he began the work. During this time Gerresheim worked day and night on this monument and he rarely left his workshop. He finished the monument to mark the 700 anniversary of the city of Düsseldorf in time on 12 August 1988..


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten