Everything that moves me

vrijdag 27 april 2012

Ladies afternoon of the Alliance

A little later today as normally for my blog, but I had a very nice afternoon, with lovely ladies from the Alliance, which is a group of people who support many activities of our town Roermond. This afternoon they visited our Couturier Johnn van Dijk. Johnn always gives a lot of inspiration, so he told the ladies about his work and what is important to him. To choose the right patern and material for his costumers.

He loves to create his workspace for this purpose. Coffee and tea and some sweets. Also his friend Marleen Jereskes who creates lovely hats told about her work. She has an own atelier here in town. Named Dream Collection.
Johnn asked me too, if I could tell someting about my work, and that is something what I love to do,
I took one of my textiel Art pieces with me and told the ladies that it took me 80 hours to finish this piece. And that I also work on commission. Because that is so nice, to be able to make people happy with a very exclusive piece of art. The ladies were all very interested and so we had a succesful afernoon. Here is a picure of my work.
My fabric art piece "Voorstad Roermond" made of recycled material


4 opmerkingen:

  1. Cody, I love this little 'afternoon out' with you via your blog today. Felt as if I was there with you and your colleagues, drinking tea, talking art and eating sweets. Perfect.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen