Everything that moves me

dinsdag 3 juli 2012

New Bags

While I was busy hanging my Textile Art in the Castle "Aerwinkel" I thought how nice it would be to carry my art around and make it more easy for some people to have a look at it. So I decided to make some handbags with my motives of our city Roermond. I bought some white and some blue Jeans fabric and started to experiment. The first bag was just okay but the print on the jeans was not so clear to see.
My first jeans bag

Here the original Textile Art from thes Music pavillion. At this moment it is at an exhibition with some more pieces in the Castle Aerwinkel. It is made from recycled fabrics, handpainted silks and tread.



The next bag I tried different and used Canvas, not easy to work with as it is a little stiff, but the colours are much better. I like this bag it is just what I was looking for. With some trims and a crochet leave. The lining is a pretty green cotton with en extra pocket inside.









Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten