Everything that moves me

dinsdag 3 april 2012

Quilt: day 3 blogchallenge


My art is something like quilting, as quilting means it has to be 3 layers and so is my work. I also have 3 layers.
Contemporary artist from this day break loose of the traditional quilting. and use all kind of improvisation with piecing.
A good resource for quilting is to go to this website http://www.quiltingdaily.com.
They have blogs, forums free resources,galleries and much more. You can also post pictures of your artwork there.
Baby Bed Quilt
I started quilting about 15 years ago while I was in the USA. My first piece was a very large bedcover like 2.50 : 2.20 cm. All the pieces where stich together with the machine, but I quilted everything by hand.
In the mean time I have made 14 large quilts. But now Is You know I only work small artpieces. 
Slowly it grows
I love to make them and they take a lot of my time, mostly I work around 80 hours on the piece.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten